Sunday, August 2, 2015

Markers and Cards and Challenges ! OH MY!

 Greetings My Crafty Friends!

  I cannot believe how fast the year is flying by. It seems like only yesterday I was planting my spring containers... and now its AUGUST !!

Time really does fly.

 I wanted to share a couple of cards that I have made over the past few weeks - One for the Birthday of a  family member, One just because I wanted to play with the same Stamp Set again and my last and most certainly not least was for a  Spectrum Noir  Monthly challenge on Facebook...

So without further Ado! Bring on the cards!


 My first card  to share with you today is a birthday card I made using the Build a Tree stamp set from Fiskars. I inked the squares first using a masking technique and multiple colors of distress ink .
Then stamped the tree trunk from the set and  then all the leaves in trio and singles with black archival ink from Ranger. I layered  the stamped image on a celery-ish green matt and a white 8.5 x 5.5 card base. A light and bright green bakers twine and small buttons accent the happy birthday sentiment. I did have to cut down some skeleton leaves and then I inked them with distress ink as well.

 The inside has an inked square in similar tones to the outside and a birthday sentiment inside too.. ( I just didn't get a photo of it before it was given to the person who was sending it out... Whoopsie!



 The next card on our journey is one that I made because I wanted to play with the stamp set some more ,  so I stamped the trunk down and randomly stamped a different leaf and some flowers.  Then I colored the leaves and flowers with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.. In pinks and Greens -( I didn't write down the Marker numbers for this card, I was just playing around)...after looking at the colored image I thought it just too busy, So I cut the image down the center, I stamped one half with a birthday sentiment and  then stamped the other half with this sentiment...  The bummer thing was that I bounced the Stamp on the upswing and smeared the sentiment.....  but  it turned out to be a happy accident and was easily covered up but  the same sentiment (unsmeared) with a narrow pink and green matt.. This of course gave me the inspiration to break up the right side panel with pink and green squares instead if a single color. I embossed them with my texture folders and may add a few statically placed rhinestone bling or Sequins to add a little something, But haven't decided for sure.

I plan on making the other half of this image into a birthday card eventually but for now its in my waiting for inspiration  folder.



 And without further ado, My Challenge card.. This is for the Spectrum Noir August 2015 Monthly Challenge -  This was an anything goes challenge so I was over the moon that I could create anything that I wanted!!!

Spectrum Noir August 2015 Challenge  

   I have been obsessed with stained glass patterns lately (not sure why) - and this was a great way to practice my color blending !

I liked using this image because I could work in small sections.  Each segment didn't have to be exactly the  same as the one next to it because it is the color variances that make the stained glass so beautiful.

 I used the following Spectrum Noir Alcohol marker colors -
 Greys/Blueish  - BGR1, BGR3 and TB2                                 
 Pinks/Purples - LV3, LV2, PL2, BP2,TB2 , TB3
 Greens - DG3, CG2, CG1, CT1, CT2

There was lots and lots and lots of blending and color over colors because I wasn't satisfied with how it looked. Still not completely satisfied but I was starting to color through the paper (UH OH! That little goof is hidden under the sentiment !)

 I used a smooth navy cardstock and punched out several lacy borders strips and attached them staggered onto white cardstock to make the lace back round then matted it with white and then navy.  Its on a white 8.5 x5.5 card base

The focal image is popped up with pop dots as well as is the  sentiment. I hadn't decided what sentiment was going on it until the last minute and it just screamed sympathy card to me ..

So there you have it ....My work schedule is crazy during the summer but I am excited that I still managed to indulge in crafty time.  Looking forward to doing more challenges and projects in the next couple weeks..... FALL is almost here and I cant wait !!!

  Thank you for stopping by and see you soon !

XOXO Jenn








  





No comments:

Post a Comment