Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gina's Designs DT Project for September

Soooo, you know how you start a new adventure with the full intention of sticking with it and following through with it, and being really good , updating and posting pictures of all the fun new projects that you find yourself doing ! Yeah, that being said , I have been ( up to this point ) a Terrible blogger LOL..

   So, I am starting anew, Fresh,  the slate has been wiped clean.. We are going to try this blog again !...

  So with the fresh slate, I am going to post my most current projects... and going to keep this blog up to date !!!

 This is my September DT Project For Gina's Designs... I was very excited when I got this  in my package, I have had my eye on it for months and months and had not had the chance to work with it til now !! And I am sooo glad that I did.. I really like how it turned out. The kit for this project came to me in flat laser cut cutouts, Pieces for the Drawers and the butterfly doors, The walls for the inner box and the front and Back pieces. All pieces were cut out in what seems to be med weight chipboard.

 Here is the front view, I papered the whole thing inside and out.  I used a K&Co Paper Stack ( I will update the blog with the name of it as soon as I can) The armoire  stands about 11 inches tall , 4.5 inches wide and 4 inches deep. I used clear faceted beads and silver spacers for the drawer pulls.

Side profile:  I had the prettiest white venise lace that my dear friend Heather gave me forever ago. I knew I was saving it for something special and i nearly cried when I tool my scissors to it.The lace is accented my flat back pearl trim and small rhinestones.

Back view :  I wanted to make the back of the project as pretty as the sides so i used more of the lace to create a pocket. Flat back pearls trim the pocket and it fits a HUGE tag.

This is a close up of the lace... isnt it dreamy ! It was actually about an inch wider than what i used, but i saved what i cut off to use for another project.

Inside View:  The inside is fully papered  and it is plenty big enough to fit the coin envelope mini that I have mostly done. The door itself is held on with a paper hinge. It was my first attempt at putting together something from flat parts, so I probably used more paper than I needed too.. but over All, I really like how it  turned out !!.

 You can get this project and more at  or

 I hope you liked my project and please feel free to comment if you have any questions.
Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment